Saturday, August 28, 2010

ADHD Children, Sleep Problems, and Melatonin

     I recently had to take my son to the doctor because of an infected eye. While I was there, we discussed his on going problems with sleep disturbances and his hyperactivity during the day.  She suggested that I start him on 1mg of Melatonin about 20-30 minutes before bedtime.  Well last night was the first night that he took one, I hope that every night is not like last night!  He was constantly waking me up talking loudly about butterflies,toys,etc.  Vivid dreams/nightmares is one of the side effects but that's also one of his problems.  I'm wondering how many of you are giving your child Melatonin for sleep disturbances? Below is a link that tells more about it.  

 ADHD Children, Sleep Problems, and Melatonin

No comments:

Post a Comment